"Safe Settings" - Nordic House, Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
May 10th - 12th 2018
Initial call for those wishing to present Call for Abstracts closing date Friday January 15 th 2018
This year the Union will continue its sponsorship of Members to attend the European Congress organised by Horatio and Faroese Psychiatric Nurses, having done so previously for events in Lisbon, Malta, Istanbul, Stockholm, Prague etc.
The PNA in supporting this Congress are pleased to confirm that a number of bursaries will be offered by lottery to Presenters of Papers, Officer Board Members, Branch Officers and Members.
This year's bursaries will be worth approximately €1200.This Bursary is based on the combined cost of the Congress Fees, Flights and Accommodation.
Abstracts are being invited under the main theme of ‘Safe Settings'. These may be associated with one of the following sub-themes:
• Research related to 'Safe Settings', approaches or interventions
• Practice development to improve safety
• Alternative therapies
• Creative ways of working together with others
• Critical or lateral thinking to build up safe environments
• Innovations within nurse education
• Multi-disciplinary/agency working
• The process of recovery
• Creative management
• Family Support
• User involvement
• Community aspects of 'Safe Settings'
This is the call for those WISHING TO PRESENT in the form of:
• Concurrent session – 20 minutes in length
• Symposium – 1 hour in length containing 2-3 papers on the same topic
• Workshop – 2 hours in length.
• Poster – on the congress theme, topical developments, research, and/or local issues of wider interest. (Posters will be displayed digitally at the festival. Details of poster format will be sent once the abstract has been accepted for display
The festival scientific committee will review your submission. Abstract Safe Settings
Closing date for submissions is Monday 15 th January 2017
We will be putting out a SECOND call for the for those interested in attending the Congress before year end.